FUNDING HELP nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you! You can read more about Dave’s journey here.
I will answer his eleven questions and give eleven random facts about me and my blog and nominate a few bloggers for this award below.
- Why do you blog? My husband told me I should write every day. I thought about it and gave it a try as a way to remember him. Once I got started I got hooked and have been doing it for about five months now.
- Tell me about your very first bicycle? My first bike was your basic bike, no shifting gears, and to brake you backpedaled.
- Do you like bicycles and if not why? I love bicycles.
- Do you own one or more bicycles? I don’t own a bicycle currently. The last one I had I needed help to pick out and I had a bad helper, an employee who didn’t know how to fit a bike, and sold me one that was too big for me. It was a men’s bike and I didn’t know they made men’s and women’s bikes! Haha.
- When was the last time that you rode a bicycle? It has been about 10 years since I rode a bicycle. It was my stepson’s bike and he was preteen so it was just about the right size for me a lot of fun.
- What is your favorite type of bicycle? I like a simple bicycle, easy to shift, easy to brake.
- What do you hate about bicycles? I don’t hate anything about bicycles I just need to find one that fits me right. Also, after having a couple of spills with my too big bike I’m leery.
- If you could make a change to your bicycle what would that be? I wish I had known about women’s bikes or had known that the bike was too big for me or had an employee who knew what he was doing and had given me good information.
- What is your best memory of riding your bicycle or crashing your bike? One memory I have of one of my spills was when a kid cut me off and when I pulled the brake handles the brakes caught sharply on the front wheel and flipped me over the handlebars, very scary. Even though my husband adjusted the brakes correctly immediately I still never trusted that bike again. It wasn’t the bike’s fault my husband said the brakes were poorly adjusted, the technician at the bike shop did not double check his work, my not knowing to test the brakes and not just assume the technician did it correctly. I never had that same problem after my husband worked on the bike’s brakes but I never was comfortable riding after that.
- What is your favorite color for a bicycle? Purple??
- Would you buy a custom bicycle built specifically for you? Maybe……
Eleven random facts about me:
- I am third generation Japanese-American.
- I don’t speak Japanese.
- I cook from scratch for my pets, my dogs and my parrots.
- I don’t eat out very much I cook for myself too.
- My pets eat healthier than I do and I spend more money on their food than mine.
- I know how to double clutch. I’d rather drive a manual then an automatic.
- I like yoga and deepwater aerobics.
- I used to like running but I think it’s hard on your joints as you get older, I think walking is good.
- I have recently become fascinated with owls.
- I like the change of the seasons, I like it when it rains or snows, or when it’s really hot, the only kind of weather I don’t like is when the wind blows.
- I like to read, almost anything, but probably my favorites are mysteries. My favorite part of reading is coming across a fact that is layers deep and makes you want to know more about the subject.
My nominees are:
My questions for these nominees are:
- Why do you blog?
- What have you learned since you started blogging?
- Who or what influences your blog posts?
- Do you sit down and write your post ready to publish, think about your post for a day or two, make a draft and rework your draft before you post, how do you craft your posts?
- Is your blog what you imagined or morphed in an unexpected direction?
- Do you think media, pictures, drawings, etc. are important elements for a blog?
- What is one tip you have for the new blogger?
- What is your favorite food to eat at home?
- What is your favorite food to order at a restaurant?
- What is your least favorite food?
- Have you tried sushi?
‘Liebster Award’ rules for the Next Guy/Gal:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).