Here are some of the comments received from the congregation describing the message received from the sermon “God at Work in You” :
- Service of God without judgment.
- Leaders are ministers too.
- God gives us energy so we may extend kindness, forgiveness, grace, love and humility.
- We the congregation are the church.
- God is our bond to each other.
- Christian love sometimes requires sacrifice.
- Serve each other with a humble spirit.
- We all have the desire to do what is good and God gives us the will, power, courage and energy to do what is good!
Special note to Tezenlo, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Eun Jung and your family during this time of loss.
“God At Work In You” (Philippians 2:1-13)
What are signs of God at work in you?
How do we know that God is at work, enabling us both to will and to work for good?
The past few Sundays, we have been talking about reconciliation, forgiveness and acting graciously toward one another. These are signs of God at work in you. Whenever we experience an act of reconciliation or forgiveness among God’s people, we know that God is at work among us.
How often do we feel a desire to reconcile with a family member, a friend or coworker? How frequently do we feel the urge to forgive and ask for forgiveness? In all these circumstances, how often do we feel a lack of power or energy to act?
It is not always enough to will something. Good intentions are not always carried out.
Paul sees believers as their will energized by God and then also having the power to work supplied by God. God furnishes the enablement to carry out both the desire to will what is good and the energy to do it.
God is the one working in you, both the willing and the working.
Tezenlo Thong, Pastor