Imagine my surprise this morning when I checked my stats on WordPress while waiting for the microwave to beep.
I had a bunch of comments, views, likes and visitors, I thought I must’ve accidentally accessed some other WordPress blogger’s account!
Within about six hours I had surpassed my previous daily record on comments, views, likes and visitors!
What happened? JASON from Opinionated Man and Harsh Reality….
Jason had reblogged a short post I did commenting about a WordPress notification.
Jason always offers to reblog, guest post, guest blog, and share a post. I never took him up on it because I figured it was for his more sophisticated followers but now I realize he can help even us little guys from the suburbs. I’m from Arvada, Colorado. Hey wait I am pretty sure Jason is from Arvada, Colorado!
So here’s 10 things I wanted to share that I know about Jason:
- Jason is a gentleman he has always answered my stupid questions quickly and politely.
- Jason truly deep down cares about the new bloggers. He’s kind and responds to their comments in an encouraging way.
- Jason’s family is adorable. (This should be moved to number 1 but I am too lazy.)
- Jason is a fun read I don’t always agree with him but I almost always get his point.
- Jason doesn’t sleep, he blogs continuously.
- I’ve read a Jason post and thought to myself “I wish I had said that!” (a clever post)
- I’ve read a Jason post and thought to myself “I’m glad I didn’t say that!” (I’m a scaredy-cat)
- Some readers find Jason abrasive, obnoxious, rude, etc. but that’s what makes him interesting. He is not afraid to state his opinion and he is going to get a rise from some portion of the WordPress community and beyond.
- Jason’s writing is varied and eclectic. He has surprised me more than once.
- Harsh Reality and Jason the Opinionated Man is one of the first blogs I followed. I have learned a lot from Jason and look forward to reading him forever. Lets hope he never gets discouraged … too many of us enjoy his presence.